cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

so I wanted tob know if anyone knows where I can buy something like a chest mono pod

tatyana-sumakov
Contributor
I don't know if I'm explaining my question right, but I have a few lenses that are a bit big and it world be nice if there was such a mount, kinda like a mono pod but smaller so I can strap to my chest on one end and connect to my camera on the other and I would be able to adjust the angle so I have more stable shots without having to drag a tripod through the woods. Is there anything like that.
6 REPLIES 6

cicopo
Elite

I've never used one but have seen a thread elsewhere recommending a belt mount used for carrying flags as in when you are in a parade. Shouldn't bee to hard to search out several styles.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

http://www.fullcompass.com/prod/200813-Manfrotto-080/?utm_source=googleps&amp%3butm_medium=shopping&...

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

If you learned how to properly hold a camera and a big lens, I doubt you would need such a device.

Think of your elbows and eye brow as points of a triangle. To create a solid support for your lens bring your elbows in tight to your rib cage and press the viewfinder of your camera firmly up against your eye brow. The angle of your support arm is like a shelf bracket.  The weight of your lens determines how far away from your body and where your hold the lens and where you position your elbow against your rib cage.

hand-holding-2-960x722.jpg

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I agree with Ernie.  Learning how to hold your rig comfortably is crucial.  Holding bigger and heavier lenses requires a different technique from smaller lenses.

Lugging a tripod/monopod can be tiresome.  For some people, it takes practice and getting used to.  For some others, it is insurmountable, I suppose.  As far as a "chest mono pod" goes, there are mounts that are designed to hold a video camera steady, which have straps that mount over your shoulder, under your armpits, and through the woods.  These mounts probably weigh more than a simple tripod/monopod.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Agree with need for proper camera holding control. But for hiking, a monopod can double as a hiking pole that many people  use/require.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

tatyana-sumakov
Contributor
Thank you guys for the input your right those chest mount things might not be necessary. Thanks for the picture on how to hold it right
click here to view the gallery
Announcements