cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue using PayPal to place an order with Canon

Sundowngti
Apprentice

Been at this for several days now. I moved and now my shipping address is different. When using paypal I use my chase card with rewards points. This is the only way to use the points on the website. I have changed my billing, shipping on both paypal and Canon address books to be correct. Whenever I click the paypal logo in the cart to purchase it pulls me to the login page. I log in and select my points and card. Upon reviewing the page the billing and shipping address on canon default to combining both shipping and billing address together. This has cancelled my order twice now. I cannot click edit billing address in this screen because it just takes me back to paypal to select my form of purchase. Upon the address drop down, whatever one I click it will combine that shipping address and make it the billing address as well. For instance if I select from the drop down, say I wanted to ship it to my place of work. It will make the billing address my place of work where it's shipping to. I've tried everything possible.

To make it worse. I somehow DID get it to have separate billing and shipping address in the review page. I stared at it for a good 5 minutes to in astonishment. Made SURE I was looking at what seemed correct. I then proceed to place order and guess what. IT AUTOMATICALLY CHANGED THE BILLING ADDRESS to the shipping address AFTER I reviewed and placed the order where the review page had them separate. 

I've never in my life had an issue ordering something and changing address around and work perfectly fine but somehow Canon is the only website that has an issue with that. Guess I'll have to buy from a different company because I'd like to use my chase points towards the purchase but Canon won't let me. It sucks because I've been wanting this camera forever and I'm so close. 

2 REPLIES 2

Danny

Hi, Sundowngti!  If you're having trouble getting an order to go through due to an address mismatch, we recommend giving our sales team a call so that they can straighten it out.  You can reach them Monday through Friday at 1-800-385-2155.

We look forward to your call!

Just called. Lady says they cannot change billing address after an order has been placed and nobody can change anything. 

Announcements