cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscriptions and costs

headcrew6942
Apprentice

Hi, I just want to share my thoughts and concerns when it comes to printer subscriptions.  I have now subscribed to 2 different printer companies subscriptions after purchasing their products and am unsatisfied with how things ended up working out for both.  I can honestly say that I will never subscribe to a printing service again!  It is a waste of money completely!  And on top of that, why should a company be able to monitor how many pages you print a month?  I buy my paper myself and all I was interested in was not having to go out every time I ran out of ink and buy more. I was willing to pay for the convenience of having the ink sent to me when I was low, not having a restriction on what I could print.  I am a full-time student online, of course, I print a lot every month.  If I didn't I would have a really hard time completing my assignments.  I think it's highway robbery for a company to monitor how much you print a month and charge you if you print more than anticipated.  It's none of their business how many pages I print a month. I pay for the device and for the ink and paper to use it.  I don't pay for them to monitor what I print, I feel like they are rather nosey to even want to know.  So, that said, don't worry about what I print every month.  I bought the printer, it is now my property and you can go monitor something else, not my property. Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

normadel
Authority
Authority

How do they charge you for the ink  and paper you use if they can't monitor usage?

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

What subscription did you sign up for. I have an ink subscription for my printer and there is no indication that my number of pages is being monitored. I just get notified of a new cartridge being sent when one runs out. 

That is the automatic replenishment service plan(ARS). 

There is another plan that is based on pages; you don’t pay directly for ink. Canon states that it can be less expensive than the ARS plan.

You may have selected the wrong plan. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

MckennaOsinski
Apprentice

I appreciate you for sharing this information with us. I also would like to help you by sharing the https://lastminutewriting.com/research-paper website with all of you that offers top-notch essay writing services and assignment help for students facing tight deadlines. Their expert writers deliver high-quality, plagiarism-free content tailored to your specific needs. With an intuitive interface and attentive customer support, LastMinuteWriting ensures a smooth and hassle-free experience, making it the ideal choice for urgent academic assistance.

Announcements