cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase Date Rejected During Product Registration

coleschaffer6
Apprentice

Hi all,

Just created a Canon account and trying to register my product - I type in the date that I purchased (December 2022), and I keep getting the error “Date must be in the past”, seen below. 

CDD51AD2-D877-4AD5-9DFC-06FFCFC4F9D7.jpeg

Any help is welcome. Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

I've seen another post here recently that found the same issue.  Definitely appears to be a bug with the registration web site.   I would call up Canon Support to see if they can register the product for you as well as to let them know of this issue.  1-800-652-2666

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

As Ricky stated, this came up a few days ago. That person solved it by logging in from a PC instead of a smart phone. In their case, the error appeared on an Android device. I don't recall the Android browser they were using or if they even mentioned it.

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

mrcasid
Apprentice

I’m having the same issue and am using an iPhone.

Stephen

It seems there is an issue with the date selector on the site when using certain mobile devices. For now, you'll need to use a different browser or device - specifically a computer, and you should be fine. 

dlaughman
Apprentice

Like the responses said above it’s an issue with mobile devices, specifically the mobile optimized browsers. I am using the Chrome browser. You can fix this by clicking the 3 dot menu in the upper right hand corner then select “Request Desktop site” it will reload the page. You can then select the appropriate date. 

Announcements