cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mod Please Help - Suspicious Email

romil01
Enthusiast

See the enclosed screen shot of an email I recieved that appears to be from <CanonForum@cits.canon.com>; however, none of the links work and it is addressed not to my username but to  <Hello ${thread.topicMessage.author.login}>  When I logged in to the Forum, I did not have a new reply.  I ran Malwarebytes and did not find any threats or intrusion detected.  Is this a scam?  phishing?    Rod

Screen Shot 2020-09-20 at 7.01.30 AM.png

4 REPLIES 4

Porcha
Rising Star

This is a legit email from us. We apologize for the links not working. 

Porcha:  I recieved another of these emails that I have a reply to my posting.  None of the links work.  There is no new reply.  Rod

People have replied to your post(s). Double check the date on the email vs the date of the last response (even your own replies to your thread are counted). You can unsubscribe to the emails by going HERE

Unsubscribe Forum Emails.JPG

If the link in the email routes you to forum.usa.canon.com, that's simply an old link. We changed the address to the Community to be community.usa.canon.com

It could also be your firewall/antivirus software blocking the site from within your email. 

The emails are from us. 

Thanks for your reply Stephen.  The links from the email alerting me to this posting work.  One person (jrhoffman75) has replied to my four different posting on this topic.  He also sent a couple of private messages.  We had a couple of exchanges on the topic thread.  One person (Porcha) previously replied to this topic.  The links on all of those email alerts worked.  I replied to the original topic to post what i learned on my own.  I did not get an alert after my postings.  Today's notice may have referenced the last personal message I recieved last week from jrhoffman 75, just delayed.  The links on notices of the legitimate replies have worked and the dates were current with the reply.  Since the links for all but these two work, I doubt my firewall, antiivirus software, browser or mail filters are blocking the links.  It sort of moot since there has been only one response and I've decided the problem is a software conflict that can't be corrected.  I'll use my Macbook for scanning with the IJ Scan Utility.  Again, thanks for your response. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements