cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Font cards

mpetrof
Apprentice

I'm helping a widowed friend of my wife's reduce her load of stuff.  Among it were 7 Canon Font Cards: BM1-3, SC-1A, b; and two newere ones. SCj-1 & BM-2 (part nos. s63-2300 & 2330.

Does an;yone know anything about these?  Thank you.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

The implicit question was: What do they get installed in?

View solution in original post

Hi mpetrof,

Font cards were used in printers in the late 1980's and early 1990's.  They provided the user to print various fonts that the cards contained, as the driver did not do this.  For an example, please view this page from PC Mag (June 1990):

page.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

One man's trash is another's treasure.  Sounds like junk to me.  You would need to have something to install them in. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

The implicit question was: What do they get installed in?

Hi mpetrof,

Font cards were used in printers in the late 1980's and early 1990's.  They provided the user to print various fonts that the cards contained, as the driver did not do this.  For an example, please view this page from PC Mag (June 1990):

page.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you Patrick..
Announcements