cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CanoScan 9000f and mac os mojave

virusgal
Contributor

Trying to use flatbed scanner function on mac mojave and ImageCapture software.  I get this red line on computer image, even without copy on the platen.  There is no way to upload MP Navigator for Mojave.  I have ver 4 on my mac and it does not recognize the 9000f.  Am I just stuck with a brick or is there a way to fix this problem?  I might add that I have used this scanner for film strips and slides with excellent results.  It is also not possible to use the copy function!

Scan.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi virusgal,

For Mojave you can use Canon's IJ Scan Utility. From the Go menu of Finder, select Applications, then double-click the Canon Utilities folder, IJ Scan Utility folder, then Canon IJ Scan Utility icon to start IJ Scan Utility.

Does the issue happen when you scan with IJ Scan Utility? We look forward to your reply.

Yes, apparently.  I was able to scan using IJ scan utility, but the red line is everpresent.  I can't imagine where it is coming from and why.  Scan is of blank paper.Scan.jpeg

Hi virusgal,

Since there is a line using IJ Scan Utility as well that means one of the lights on the scanning element is bad and the scanner will need to replaced. Since it was retired and replacement parts are no longer available. 

You would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program.

This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST. Let them know you have been working with technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

OK....thanks for that information.  I think the unit is a candidate for electronic recycling. 

I don't have an LJ Scan Utility in that folder. I don't have an lj scan utility anywhere. I have MP Navigator. When I go to your site to look for a current driver it tells me I don't need one for Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6. How do I scan or get this lj scan utility?

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi lemmo,

Do you have the CanoScan 9000F or the CanoScan 9000F Mark II?

The Mark II is supported with macOS v10.14, the CanoScan 9000F is not.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements