cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CanoScan 9000F MkII file number reset

glueman
Contributor

Hi,

I want to reset the IMG file numers to zero, any ideas please?

Glueman

9 REPLIES 9

glueman
Contributor

I'm scanning a large number of photographs and keep getting the message:-

"There may be too many files whose names begin with “IMG” in the save location. Change the save location or file names"

I've changed the target TEMP folder although the quoted TEMP folder was empty, I''ve changed the prefix and I've reloaded the software (My Image Garden) but nothing seems to work.  I notice that sometimes, if I empty the pictures out of the Image Garden, the error message disappears but not every time. Also the allocated file numbers are all over the place, sometimes sequential sometimes repeated. It's driving me mad, any ideas please?

Hi glueman,

Are you scanning from My Image Garden or are you using IJ Scan Utility? I would also need to know what version of Windows or Macintosh is installed on your computer.

We look forward to your reply.

Hi, thanks for your response, I'm scanning from My Image Garden with Windows 10 Pro 64bit.

Image Garden version is 3.6.1

Thanks and kind regards.

Hi glueman,

There is no way to change the file name back to zero. One option you can try, is setting up the check scan result from IJ Scan Utility. The will allow you to change the file name to img(1) and then you will be able to start new with the files being saved as img(1),  Please click the link below for steps on how to enable this feature. Please note the article is for an MX922 but since the steps are for IJ Scan Utility they will be the same for your scanner.

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/ScanUtility/M/MX920%20series/1.1/EN/SU/Su-013.html

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Understood, many thanks for that.

Ref the error message "There may be too many files whose names begin with “IMG” in the save location. Change the save location or file names", is this a bug in the software?  It appeared again yesterday so I changed the target file, it then allowed me to save three images and reappeared.  I changed the prefix to SCAN but it still appeared.  As I said previously, I have removed the software and reloaded it all but to no avail.  It acts as if the is a cache somewhere that's filling up from time to time, could this be possible?

Kind regards and thanks for your assistance.

Hi glueman,

What folder are you saving your photos to? How many pictures in total are you trying to scan?

We look forward to your reply.

Hi,

I hold them in a 1TB "D" hard drive where I have set up a folder.  In the folder I set up a sub-folder for each day that I scan and each sub-folder holds an average of 250 tif files, usually around 4GB.  To date I have just under 3500 images with at least as many more to go - there are a lifetime's pre-digital pictures in there and I'm digitising them because they are starting to deteriorate.  Current stuff is, of course, already digitised.

I had a conversation with Canon and they are suggesting that there is an interaction between the scanner software and my printer software, an iP8750.  At their suggestion I removed all the scanner and the printer software but when I tried open the download links they sent me to reload, all the buttons were dead, in fact the whole site appeared to be dead so I will try later. In the meantime I've had to reload software from the original disks which are dated 2013 so it's not a good situation.

Use of a desktop hard drive on which to save the images still gives the same problem.

Kind regards,

Glueman

Hi gluema,

What links were sent to you? Was it the same link that I am attaching below? The link will open the driver page for the printer.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/scanners/film-negative-scanner/can...

Did you call  1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666)  or use the chat feature that can be used on the page that open from the link above?

Hi ArthurJ and thanks for your continuing attention to this problem.  I think the matter is now resolved, I put the problem back to Canon (by e-mail) and they responded quite quickly with the following link:-

https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/products/scanners/canoscan_series/canoscan_9000f_m...=

Having already removed all Canon software I reloaded the scanner drives etc and then the printer drives etc.  I noticed that when loading the printer drives it also included My Image Garden which, of course, had already been loaded via the scanner drivers so I excluded it.  I wondered if the two versions had been in conflict to create the original problem?

Since reloading the software the problem has gone and I have scanned many hundred photographs since without any recurrence.  So I guess the problem is solved.

Once again many thanks for your support.

Kind regards,

Glueman.

Announcements