cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Webcam Utility won't load and freezes after update to v2.1

ChrisLaw
Apprentice

I have an EOS R6 and an iMac running macOS Catalina 10.15.7. 

Up until today, I was running the webcam utility with zero issues. It was perfect. Tonight, against my better judgement at the last second, I updated the utility to v2.1. Now, it installs, will not load, freezes up, and has become useless. 

Is there a way to install a legacy version of the webcam utility or a way to make 2.1 work with Catalina?

5 REPLIES 5

NatalyaP
Product Expert
Product Expert

Greetings ChrisLaw,

The current supported OS for the EOS Webcam Utility software is macOS 14, 13, and 12. Unfortunately, legacy versions of the software are not available for download.

So then just like that, my computer is bricked? I can no longer use Webcam Utility?

The software is not supported on legacy versions of macOS. You will need to update to a current version of macOS to continue using EOS Webcam Utility. 

i cant get my 90D to show up on streamyard, i'm running the current OS on mac

How can you do that to a paying customer? The utility was working SEAMLESSLY and now it just doesn't work at all? My iMac will not update past macOS Catalina 10.15.7, so now that I've updated EOS Webcam Utility I can't use my Canon camera as a webcam at all? 

To make matters worse, on a DIFFERENT computer all together, I just updated to macOS Sonoma 14.3 and the EOS Webcam Utility STILL won't work! I've tried 3 different cameras on 2 different computers running 2 different macOS and can't get it to work as a paying customer for EOS Webcam Utility PRO. What are you going to do about that?

click here to view the gallery
Announcements