cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rebel xti no blue light

willme7
Contributor

This first started a couple months ago when I took a photo there is no blue light, ive factory reset the camera, tried other lenses and I have no idea whats wrong any advice helps.

12 REPLIES 12

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

Are you taking a photo of a blue light and now it is not blue? What colour is it? 

Mike Sowsun

here is a photo of a rainbow and off the camera and off the internet IMG_4219.jpgIMG_4219.jpg

You cant go by that. Shoot a scene in full auto mode on a sunny day in auto white balance.

I have, that rainbow is an accurate representation of what all my photos look like color range wize. I have done multiple shoots in good light and auto white balance.

@willme7 wrote:

I have, that rainbow is an accurate representation of what all my photos look like color range wize. I have done multiple shoots in good light and auto white balance.

In that case, can you post a sample image?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

IMG_4108.JPGIMG_4141.JPGIMG_4165 (2).JPG

those 3 photos are all taken in chronological order which is why I dont think my camera is totally broken. The first photo (2 cars at the car wash) was taken 16 days before the middle photo (the group of cars) and the last photo was taken over a month after the middle photo.

please note the 3rd photo was cropped and taken blurry the camera did not lose all that detail

Screenshot 2021-01-24 090758.jpg

Screenshot 2021-01-24 090915.jpg

There seems to be a lot of noise for ISO 400, plus nothing seems sharp.

Your settings seem to be all over the place - manual exposure for one, flash off for another, user Picture Styles, and what seem to be less than ideal shooting conditions.

Is image 2 Portland Jetport?

I would suggest 1. reset the camera again, 2. format the card (or even try a new card), 3. set the camera to Auto and 4. take a photo outdoors in good light.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements