cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Manual" HDR (minting RAW file). 6D Mii

Skip70
Enthusiast

How do you use the HDR exposure features to allow the camera to create three RAW images (exposed, under-exposed, under-exposed)?

I am aware of the cameras ability to combine images for HDR, but it generates a JPEG, which I don't want since I will want to do further post-processing in RAW.
What I want is to use the slider on the exposure bar to pick my range of exposures but have the camera create three separate RAW images in quick succession (or where I can hit the shutter myself two more times without making manual adjustments.)  I am very wary of ever touching the camera on the tripod when taking such exposures and often want all three to be in very quick succession. 

Any help?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

The short answer is don’t use the HDR functionality in the camera. It you want three RAW files, then capture three RAW files using AEB.

Are you using a tripod?  If so, then setup your exposure increments.  Use the shutter delay timer, and the entire sequence will be captured automatically. 

If not, then use a very steady hand. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

Skip70,

In addition to single shot mode (1 click - 1 shot), your camera will likely also have a high-speed continuous shooting mode where it takes 12 shots or 15 shots or whatever in a second and also a low-speed continuous mode, where it will take 3 shots in relatively quick succession with one press of the shutter button. You may have to hold down the shutter button while it takes those 3 shots.

Steve Thomas

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

But where this three RAW files your merged later in Lr or Photoshop or JHPEGS created in the camera? My point was that I don't want the latter.
I'm note sure how this is getting confusing. I simply want to take three compensated photos in RAW and alter larger them in Lr. I can't see to get or understand an answer about whether the camera will take three or I need to take three separately If the latter, it seems like I can do the in whatever way is best for me in the situation -- handheld with shutter or using a remote shutter release. Help? 

Skip70
Enthusiast

I'd sure like to edit my own posts to correct some typos or clarify, but it does not allow me to do so. Sorry for the typos, but I have shoulder surgery and am typing with one hand. 

Announcements