EOS DSLR & Mirrorless Cameras
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

beginner photographer please help...

I recently bought an entry level camera, Canon Rebel T6 EF-S 18-55 IS II Kit. Im slowly learning on my own more about the camera and its settings, but one of the main reasons i wanted to start this photograpy journey was to do some Astrophotography (...

Ready for a curveball???

I was shooting a home using my 7D Mark II with a 10-18 EF-S lens. The Realtor wanted me to take shots (rather than scan) the home's floorplan. I switched my camera from my C1 settings to Auto and proceeded to shoot 4-6 shots. No flash, nothing fancy,...

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
iherbst by Apprentice
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Canon Camera for Wildlife

I would like to take pictures of eagles, alligators, wildcats, and other things.   What would be a good camera on the budget end of the scale and lens to have some nice pictures?   I also would like to see Saturn's Rings and Jupiter's moons. Thanks f...

1DX MKII, 4K 60FPS Best Settings???

Hi All. I have been doing some indoors hi-resolution 4k 60FPS videoing with my 1DX MKII lately.  I am a videoing novice at best and recently purchased this camera for growth potential of my still photography hobby.  But, since I invested in this came...

LanceA by Enthusiast
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

EOS M - scroll wheel disabled?

Hi,My EOS M (firm: 2.02) just had the scroll wheel, and all buttons including the set button, stop working. I can still navigate with the touchscreen, but the wheel and buttons are unresponsive. I reset the settings, thinking somehow the wheel got lo...

SeanO by Apprentice
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

EOS Rebel T5 won't take photos in AF mode

I have a brand new EOS Rebel T5 that will not take photos in AF mode. I switch it to MF mode and it works just fine.In AF mode it starts to focus but won't focus all the way and subsequently will not take a photo. This is regardless of lighting. I do...

taflin1 by Apprentice
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

6D 1-BBF - Autofocus Point Display

Hi,If I hold down the back-button focus and take a picture, the AF point is displayed upon review. However, if I release the back button to recompose, it is not displayed. I do have focus disabled from the shutter button. Any ideas?As I write this, m...

lens mount problem

so whenever i wiggle my lens, the camera turns off...its fine if i dont touch the lens but its very hard to use now. does anyone know how to replace the lens mount?

Exposure Simulation 5D4 ??

Hi everyone - I shoot in low ambient light situations often with my Canon 5D Mark IV, in addition to using Live View.  When I half-press the shutter while in Live View, the screen goes from completely dark to using the ambient light in the room, whic...

Getting started

New to the community? Here's some information to help you get acquainted:

Announcements