cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset my Rebel T6 to factory settings

jesbroken
Contributor

I am trying to reset my Rebel T6 to original factory settings and I go to MENU, then 3rd Wrench and where it should say "Clear Settings" it does not exist, only WIFI enable/disable. Any help as to what I'm doing wrong? Sorry for the poor photo.

Jim

3rd wrench.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

deebatman316
Elite
Elite

The camera can only be factory reset in the creative ie (M, Av, Tv & P) modes. Full Auto and other Basic Zone settings do not show the whole menu system.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Yes, both removed with same "Busy". I bought this camera and then purchased an EF 100mm f2.8 Macro lens. I could not get it to work  and spent months taking classes, asking for help and still no luck. Finally found out the lens was defective, an internal switch was broken, but by this time I had probably pressed every button on the camera at least 3 times and it was so messed up, I couldn't even take a photo with the regular lens. So, I've bought a new Macro lens and before I even put it on, I would like to reset the camera so I could at least start out correctly. Thank you for your help.

Jim

If you can't take a picture with your kit lens or any lens attached. It sounds like your camera is defective and needs repair or replacement.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D
click here to view the gallery
Announcements