cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset my Rebel T6 to factory settings

jesbroken
Contributor

I am trying to reset my Rebel T6 to original factory settings and I go to MENU, then 3rd Wrench and where it should say "Clear Settings" it does not exist, only WIFI enable/disable. Any help as to what I'm doing wrong? Sorry for the poor photo.

Jim

3rd wrench.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

deebatman316
Authority
Authority

The camera can only be factory reset in the creative ie (M, Av, Tv & P) modes. Full Auto and other Basic Zone settings do not show the whole menu system.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

deebatman316
Authority
Authority

The camera can only be factory reset in the creative ie (M, Av, Tv & P) modes. Full Auto and other Basic Zone settings do not show the whole menu system.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Thank you. You are correct of course. Now it says Busy...Please Wait. Is this normal?

Jim

Does the camera just continue saying busy.

-Demetrius

Yes, 5-6 times for the last 15 minutes. 

Jim

So you're saying when you set "restore to factory" the camera stays stuck saying "busy".

-Demetrius

Just tried again and still says "Busy...Please Wait"

Jim

Remove the lens & memory card. The try to reset the camera.

-Demetrius

Removed memory card 1st, same result. Then removed lens, same result. Here is a photo of what it says, "Busy...Please Wait" Sorry for blurry photo, I tried many times, but I only have 1/2 second before it blinks off. 

Jim

busy...please wait.jpg

Have you tried resetting the camera with both of them removed. Why exactly do you need to reset the camera.

-Demetrius

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements