cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online Product Registration not working for EOS R5 Mark II Kit

richpmpa
Apprentice

I purchased the Canon EOS R5 Mark II plus RF 24-105 F/4 Kit.  When I tried to register the product in my Canon Account on the Canon USA website, this Kit was not listed as a possible choice.  The Canon EOS R5 Mark II Body Only is available to register as an individual item.

I can't imagine a good reason why the Canon USA website was not ready to accept this online registration.  Likely causing more work for Canon staff and a bad customer experience.

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Can you register each item separately?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I had the same problem and successfully registered the body and the lens separately.

Canon registration web page says “If you purchased a camera and lenses Kit, please select KIT PRODUCTS to find your product name.”. 

there may be disadvantages to me in splitting a Kit into 2 registrations.   Since there is still time for Canon to fix this and have my registration still in the registration window

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I agree, it's not there.  Contact support.  They can assist you.  The bundle (kit) needs to be added.  

shadowsports_0-1725059321429.png

When this happens, you can click "Having a Problem", then "Click here to see US Models"

This is how you get the correct naming syntax.

shadowsports_0-1725059655854.png

shadowsports_1-1725059736856.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi richpmpa,

I understand your concern. When you register items to your account each piece needs to be registered separately. So you would register your EOS R5 Mark II first, and then once that is complete you would register your RF 24-105mm F4 lens.

Make sure to hold onto a copy of the proof of purchase for the camera and lens. If you need to send either item in for warranty service in the future the technician would need that document to verify the coverage.

Announcements