cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Canon T6i decided not to work with Canon Utility 3 for no reason.

vector224
Contributor
Hello Canon Community,

Today I have spent HOURS trying to figure out why my Canon T6i camera doesn't wanna communicate with my laptop so I can shoot tethering and I still didn't fix it, I remember last time it was working perfectly fine not sure what happened all of the sudden, my camera says in the camera screen it's connected to the USB cable but not showing anything in my laptop, I searched everywhere you can think of all over the Internet and many were saying to disable the WiFi and I had mine already disabled, but still not working, I really gave up today because I have spent many hours trying to figure it out so I would really really appreciate if someone had the same problem who can tell me what's going on. I have already done the following:

1. Try a different laptop
2. Try different USB cable
3. Change the battery
4. Reset all settings in my camera
5. Restart my camera many times.

I would really appreciate if you can give me a tip on how to fix this issue.
2 REPLIES 2

Mark35mmF2
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi there,

Can you let us know what software you are tethering with and what operating system your computers are using?

Hi there!

It looks like my USB port is actually broken and I had to look for someone to repair it 😞 anyway thank you for your response, would you be able to answer this quick question?

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/EOS-Rebel/Can-anyone-restore-my-images-from-my-Camera/m-p/340749#...

Announcements