cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mark IV processing slowly

RobinS1
Apprentice

I just started using the 5D Mark IV.  It processes too slowly, giving me a BUSY message, taking more than 3 sec. to process!  I also can not shoot in bursts.  Am I missing a setting that does not allow me to process quickly?  My 5Ds is amazinginly fast and I can easily shoot in bursts.  What I am doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
18 REPLIES 18

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Is DLO on?

RobinS1
Apprentice
Sorry, what is DLO?

Thank you!  That was the problem!  I always make lense corrections in DPP, but didn't realize it the Mk4's default settings left  the DLO on...works perfectly now!

Hi, i have a query. 

I have disabled DLO and Dual Pixel RAW, but i get only 12 images to click with high speed continuous mode while shooting birds or wildlife.

Is there any way that this count can be increased? 

i also upgraded my memory card to 300mbps write speed. 

Kindly help me on this.

What are you shooting, that sounds about right for RAW+JPEG.

Otherwise, do you have an aggressive noise reduction on?

@raghuviju wrote:

Hi, i have a query. 

I have disabled DLO and Dual Pixel RAW, but i get only 12 images to click with high speed continuous mode while shooting birds or wildlife.

Is there any way that this count can be increased? 

i also upgraded my memory card to 300mbps write speed. 

Kindly help me on this.

Does it totally stop at 12 or does it just pause a few frames then do 12 more?

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

@RobinS1 wrote:
Sorry, what is DLO?

Digital Lens Optimizer.

If you shoot in RAW, you don't need it, because you can apply it in post-processing.

And the only compelling reason that I've found to shoot JPEG is to get the picture to a newspaper in a hurry. Believe me when I tell you that photo reproduction in newspapers isn't nearly good enough to have it make a particle of difference whether DLO is used.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Thank you so much...this was the fix I needed!  I appreciate your help!

Announcements