cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! i have a shoot tomorrow and my Camera is being weird!!

Brittany0426
Contributor

I went to go turn on my camera to get the settings done. Its a Canon 2000D. I turned it on but the LCD screen wont turn on. When you look through the eye hole you can see the settings being displayed and the circle popping up as if I’m about to take a shot while pushing the button. The lens doesn’t move to focus but the little red light on the squares turn on when pushed! I tried changing lens, i tried turning off and on again, taking out the battery and putting it back in, its charged even and still nothing. What do i do?? Its only 1.5years old. 

20 REPLIES 20

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Some basic questions we ask everyone:

1. Is the switch on the lens set to AF (not M). 

2. Is the camera set to Rene Square Auto?

3. Are you outside in good light?

4. Try to take a photo of a person about 10 feet away. 

It’s always a good idea to clear all camera settings as explained in the manual, but putting camera in Green Square Auto will bypass any optional settings that might exist, it just won’t permanently reset them. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

My lcd screen wont even turn on at all so bone of these options are even an option for me it wont recognize  anything. Ive tried switched the dial to all settings and the lcd screen does not turn on. I wont click a picture either. 

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If battery is fully charged then it sounds like camera is in need of repair. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I agree with John.  You may have a camera problem.  If you can remove the lens and memory card, but the problems still persist, then your camera almost certainly needs to be serviced.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I have a best buy in my town can i go there? I also have a japan camera as well. 

What causes this to happen?

@Brittany0426 wrote:

I have a best buy in my town can i go there? I also have a japan camera as well. 

I would not go to Best Buy.  They do not do repairs, only exchanges or refunds on recent purchases.

I am not familiar with “japan camera”.  I recommend contacting Canon Support for your country. This forum is provided by Canon USA.  So, I do not think they can help you with a 2000D because that model is sold outside of North America. 

Alright sadly customer care isnt open on weekends here. 

is there a reason this happened? Is there a forum that could explain this to me. I havent touched the camera in nearly 3weeks. 

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Remove the memory card and any lens, flash, etc.  Turn on the camera.  What happens when you press the [MENU] button?

Announcements