cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI output frame rate? [Canon EOS M50 Mark 2]

LeafMotif
Apprentice

Hi.

It is my understanding that the Canon EOS M50 Mark 2 allows users to enable a clean HDMI output in either 4K resolution or 1080p resolution. I cannot find any information on what frame rate this is outputing? Is it 1080p @ 30fps? 1080p @ 60 fps?

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi LeafMotif,

The output of the HDMI port is 60 fps. If your external monitor is able to read the select video frame rate set on the camera it can still record at the selected video frame rate. If the external monitor is not able to read that camera setting it will most likely record at the 60 fps HDMI output.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

It would make sense if the output were defined by the selected video mode.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi LeafMotif,

The output of the HDMI port is 60 fps. If your external monitor is able to read the select video frame rate set on the camera it can still record at the selected video frame rate. If the external monitor is not able to read that camera setting it will most likely record at the 60 fps HDMI output.

On m50 markii

When clean hdmi option is off i can change frames as i want(29.97p etc…) 

as soon as we put clean hdmi out , on the same monitor, it locks to 60fps and it’s badly lagging.

i got eos r and 90d and this is not happening , all on the same monitor so your solution is not helping at all

Announcements