cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

like to know max memory card for a Canon EOS 1100D camera?

Canonbus
Contributor

Hello, I'm just starting, and got a almost new EOS 1100D camera with EFS 18-55 lens.

It came with a Sandisk 4GB 15MB/s card.

that card almost holds nothing. I'm interested in what card it can hold and will work with.

Pleas advice me?

Thanks.

B

4 REPLIES 4

rs-eos
Elite

The EOS 1100D (Rebel T3) can work with either SDHC or SDXC cards (see page 2 of the User Manual).

SDHC cards can be up to 32 GB in capacity.  SDXC would allow higher capacities.   Though since the camera is an older model, you may have issues with very high capacity SDXC cards.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Canonbus
Contributor

Hello Ricky,

Thanks for the link to the manual, I'll find out about the cards and get one.

Cheers, B

normadel
Authority
Authority

4 GB is pretty small nowadays. But don't go TOO big. You're better off having multiple cards and switching, rather than entrusting one card with a huge amount of stuff. If the card fails, you lose everything.

And you should not be storing files long-term on the card in the camera. Move them to your computer frequently, where you can also backup to other media (flash drive, external hard drive, etc.). Then reformat the card in-camera.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Use SDXC UHS-I cards, 32 GB maximum.  Be sure to only use the full size cards.  The micro-SD cards that require a plastic adapter are unreliable.  Format cars in the camera prior to first use.

Stick to major name brands like SanDisk or Lexar.  I do not recommend buying camera accessories like memory cards or batteries in online marketplaces like Amazon or eBay.  Only use a reputable, factory authorized Canon dealer.  I go to B&H.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements