cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS T3 - T7i Battery door latch spring broken

drkroom2
Apprentice

I teach high school photography and selected Canon to be the brand I use. Through the years I have purchased everything from the Xti to the new mirrorless models. 

My classes still use the T models heavily, especially the T3 and the T3i's. The battery compartment door latch springs (plastic) have started breaking. I watched a youTube video on how to fix the spring and have fixed a few of them.

My question is, does anyone know if all the T models have the same battery compartment door? 

I wanted to buy some replacement door in bulk but cannot find out if all the doors are the same.

Right now all 30 of the cameras are checked out, or I would pull the doors and compare them.

The little, skinny plastic legs break and then the door flops open.

The old plastic spring design for the xti cameras was MUCH better then the new design.

canon new spring design.jpgCanon old spring design.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi drkroom2,

For information on what specific parts are used on camera bodies, and to order them, you would need to contact our parts department. For the price and availability of parts, please contact the Parts Order Center directly. They can be reached at (866) 481-2569, from 9 AM to 7 PM (ET) Monday to Friday. Bear in mind that, due to liability issues, we are unable to provide you instructions on how to conduct repairs. If you purchase a part, you assume the responsibility of replacing it.

One thing to note is that some Rebel models are out of service life and parts would no longer be available for those cameras. The EOS Rebel T3, EOS Rebel T3i, EOS Rebel T4i, EOS Rebel T5, and EOS Rebel T5i. For those cameras the only option available through Canon would be the Canon Upgrade Program.

This program allows you to replace your current camera with a new or refurbished Canon camera for a discounted price and have it shipped via ground delivery. The cameras offered through this program carry a one year warranty.  The original non-functioning camera would then be returned to Canon USA for recycling using a prepaid shipping label that would be provided. If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern time Monday through Saturday. Let them know you have been working with email technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.  Be sure to have your serial number for your camera at the time of your call.

Thank you so much for the information. Right now, all the cameras are functioning and are in use with students. Gaffer tape keeps the battery door closed for now. I would hate to get rid of a working camera for a 1 cent spring!

I will talk to our purchasing department as see if they will allow that kind of trade in.

I just want to know if all the T series use the same battery door.  

"I just want to know if all the T series use the same battery door. "

Based on a quick searching for parts on eBay it doesn't look like it.

Screenshot 2022-09-09 090844.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

drkroom2
Apprentice

So far, all the T's have the same door and all the Ti's have the same door. 

I made a replacement spring by using a bent piece of stainless steel wire and placing it under the broken plastic latch. Working for now, anyway.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements