cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS T2i Video Mode Issue

KyleZamory
Contributor

When in video mode with my T2i that I just recieved from ebay, The video it shoots is extremely dim (were talking pitch black with a few highlights) with iso 100 in a fairly lit room. I have to crank it to iso 6400 to get any decent results which should not be the case for the room im in. My settings are, iso 100, 1080p @24fps, shutter @1/50, F3.5, Everything set to manual, and custom whitebalance. I don't believe it's my SD card since if I take it out, the same results occur. In picture mode with iso 100 the lighting is fine. What is strange is that if I try holding the image capture button (the button used to take photos) when using AF, the lighting jolts up to being very usable, but if I let go it goes back to being basically black. Please help.

11 REPLIES 11

KyleZamory
Contributor

I should also mention that the SD card is a sandisk ultra 32gb

One last thing. When in video mode with no lens, it is just fine, and the lens itself is also plenty bright, but for some reason when you combine the two it is very dark. Could it be a firmware issue?

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
In the same lighting conditions set the camera to manual mode, f/3.5, 1/50 shutter speed and see what ISI you need for correct exposure.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for the reply! When in manual mode for photos, I get the same results as for video. Extremely dim photos.IMG_0903[1].JPG

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Is this what you get when the exposure meter in the viewfinder is at the center point?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

KyleZamory
Contributor
Yes. The exposure meter is at the center point.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
What happens if you select P mode?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

KyleZamory
Contributor
Normal photos with iso 100

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Since no one else has chimed in give Canon a call at 1-800-OK-CANON. I don't know enough about movie mode.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements