cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel XT Resetting back to factory default settings

E7ternal_Jay
Apprentice

So I recently gotten a Rebel XT camera from my uncle. Really old camera as a researched it but, I want to factory reset it and the camera functions so I can take sharper and clear photos. I see I can change the dial on the aperture and exposure but, the light mark is on -2 and I’ve been trying to figure out how to put it into the middle. Can someone help me find settings or a mode that can help me with the mode I want with this camera. I understand it’s old but, I really want to use it and I have no clue on how to center this camera and get it ready for what I want to do. Please help. 

11 REPLIES 11

Sounds like my 35-80 has more of a history than I realized. Who knows what it went through before it got stuck on the Digital Rebel when I bought it!

🙄

Yes Canon released 5 revisions of the 35-80mm lens between 1990-1995. So every every year or 2 a new version was released. Canon released 3 Micro Motor versions outside of Japan/ Asian market. Canon only released 1 Micro Motor USM lens outside of Japan/ Asia market. In the Japanese/ Asian market it was the complete opposite. They never released ANY of the 3 Micro Motor versions of the lens in the Japanese/ Asian market. This is true with most Micro Motor and Micro Motor USM lenses. They only had one Micro Motor USM version of the lens between 1990-1995. Canon did release a Power Zoom version of the lens. But its a very rare lens and it was the ONLY power zoom lens from Canon. The Micro Motor USM version of lenses were ONLY released in the Japanese/ Asian market. Then Micro Motor lenses were ONLY released outside of the Japanese/ Asian market. Except the EF 50mm F/1.4 USM lens. This lens uses Micro Motor USM and supports full time manual focus. No other Micro Motor USM supports this. This lens uses a special clutch override system to allow it. Micro Motor USM lenses spin the focus ring when AF is being used. Also they lack a focus distance scale. All Ring Type USM lenses and the EF 50mm F/1.4 USM lens features a focus distance scale window and the focus ring does NOT turn when AF is being used.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF 16-35mm F/2.8L USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L USM, EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D
Announcements