cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T5 wont focus or stop recording without popping out the battery

Bookiecat
Apprentice

I left my camera with a friend over the weekend, I think he must have dropped it but he's insisting nothing happened. Anyway, the camera turns on but takes much longer than usual. I can't switch between modes unless I pop the battery out or else it will stay black and won't focus or take photos. When trying to film videos it won't focus at all and I have to focus it on a different setting before switching back. The flash was acting a little odd too.
Any ideas about what was knocked off-kilter or what I can do to fix it? Where can I take it during lockdown so someone can look over it?

5 REPLIES 5

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

First, use the wrench menu to return it to factory defaults.

I did that and now the screen won't light up no matter what setting it's on?

Hit the info button. Reseat the eyecup, there is a sensor that turns off the LCD when your eye gets close.

@kvbarkley wrote:

Hit the info button. Reseat the eyecup, there is a sensor that turns off the LCD when your eye gets close.

I don't think my T5 had a sensor.  It is probably a bad memory card.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Bookiecat wrote:

I left my camera with a friend over the weekend, I think he must have dropped it but he's insisting nothing happened. Anyway, the camera turns on but takes much longer than usual. I can't switch between modes unless I pop the battery out or else it will stay black and won't focus or take photos. When trying to film videos it won't focus at all and I have to focus it on a different setting before switching back. The flash was acting a little odd too.
Any ideas about what was knocked off-kilter or what I can do to fix it? Where can I take it during lockdown so someone can look over it?

What happens when you remove the lens?  Check the memory card.  Is it the same card?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements