cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R5 focus spot keeps moving to the top of the screen

pedz
Enthusiast

I am using in one-point focus and I am constantly having to put the “Set” button to get the focus point back in the center of the screen.  I don’t know what settings to tell you I have to help you help me….

I am using what is called “two button back focus” where one button, the AF button is for eye auto focus and the star (*) button is for just “auto focus” — my shutter button is set to just start metering but not focus.

Let me know if you need more information.

Thank you in advance

2 REPLIES 2

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi pedz,

One thing to check with an issue like this is to try disabling the Touch & Drag AF setting on the camera. If the camera is detecting something touching the top of the LCD screen with that setting enabled it would cause the AF point to keep jumping up to the top of the frame.

You can check that setting by putting the camera into either P, Tv, Av, or M and press the Menu button. Go to the first page under the AF tab, select Touch & Drag AF Settings, and try disabling it. Once you've done that back out of the menu and check to see if the same thing is happening.

If the issue continues is it happening both when you use the eye tracking focus and when you use the general auto focus, or is it only happening when you use one of them?

pedz
Enthusiast

I don’t shoot everyday and it may be a while before I get out again but your suggestion sounds like it might be the problem.  I will try it out and get back to you.

Thank you

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements