cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R10 Update firmware freeze

LWhite
Apprentice

Hi, I'm trying to update my Canon R10 to firmware 1.3, but the firmware freezes the camera, the camera will not turn off, I have to remove the battery to power the camera off. I have followed to the update procedure. Is this a problem with the camera or software, can someone please with this matter. Here is a photo where the camera freezes.

Thank you

Firware Update Screen.jpg

9 REPLIES 9

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

What specifically did you do to copy the firmware to the camera? Canon's camera utility? Or via an SD card?

For the SD card process, did you first format the SD card (hopefully a full-sized SD card) in the camera?  And what computer and operating system are you using to copy the firmware onto the SD card?

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Thanks for the response, I tried both on the Mac OS 13 and PC Windows 11, SD Card only, formated and fully charged battery. Camera locked up on both. I'm going to keep trying, thank you.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@LWhite,

In addition, please confirm you are not able to use the rear dial (rocker) to move the cursor from Cancel to OK, then press Set to perform the update?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

@shadowsports wrote:

In addition, please confirm you are not able to use the rear dial (rocker) to move the cursor from Cancel to OK, then press Set to perform the update?

Good call! That seems to be a common mistake.

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

Thanks for your responds, everything locked up all buttons and dials even the on and off switch, but I'm going to keep trying, thanks

Mitch_P
Enthusiast

I just updated mine to 1.3 and the camera took a long time to update. I thought if froze at first, but I left it and it continued with the update process. Also, after it succeeded the camera made me set my time and date again. Good luck! 

Thanks, I'm going to keep trying. I tried on the MAC OS 13 and PC windows 11, both did the same, thanks for the response.

I had exactly the  same issue but the solution, as stated above, is to use the rocker dial ( ISO, SET etc)to move right so that 'OK' is selected then press the centre of said dial (SET) to start the process.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Thanks for confirming. 👍

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements