cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R10 Blurred Pictures of My Dog Running

Cantrell
Enthusiast

All,

Took pictures of our dog running, but they were all blurred. Used my R10 with the RF-s 18-150 lens in the FV priority, drive mode waslow speed continous, AF operation was Servo, AF area was whole area, and Servo AF was Auto. What could I have done to prevent the blurring?

In the afternoon I went to my grandson's soccer game and took pictures. No blurring. It was a bright sunny afternoon. I had the camera set the same way as the shoot except that I changed the lens to a RF 100-400mm.

Any suggestions to prevent blurring in the shots earlier in the day? Your help is appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

deebatman316
Elite
Elite

A slow shutter speed will cause blurry images. Slow shutter speeds are used when the ambient lighting is low. Can you please post a picture in the forum so we can better assist you.

-Demetrius
Bodies: EOS 40D (Retired) & EOS 5D Mark IV (Current)
Lenses: EF Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 70-210mm F/4 (Brought out of Retirement) & EF 85mm F/1.8 USM
Speedlites: 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

deebatman316,

Thank you for your response. Our back yard has a good shade canopy.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

You probably have the R10 set to capture proper exposure but you need it capture a faster SS. You might try Tv mode and set the SS to 1/500 which should stop the fastest dog.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ebiggs1,

Thank you for your response. I appreciate your input.

Ron888
Contributor

It looks like you've found the answer but i thought i'd add something just in case.
Are you trying to do the pictures as they're running straight at you?If so that's the toughest thing for autofocus to cope with

Announcements