cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R Won't Take a Picture or Record with Sirui Lens

Shysayers
Apprentice

Hey guys I just bought a Sirui 100mm for my canon eos r so I can start working with a real cinematic look, but when I put it on my camera it won’t let me press record or even take a picture! I’m sure it has something to do with it being manually controlled (this is my first lens that doesn’t allow you to zoom threw like a 27-75mm) so I would really appreciate some help from anyone with some knowledge about this, these products are just new in the world pretty much so there’s not a whole lot of reviews or videos I can look up to find myself!

2 REPLIES 2

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

When you buy any third party lens of ANY make of camera, you do so at your own risk.  This is not specific to Canon, it applies to Nikon, Olympus etc.  For support with this lens, you need to contact Sirui directly as it is their equipment.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Try the Camera Menu.  Custom Function 5

C.Fn5

shadowsports_0-1683237892474.png

If that doesn't work, contact Sirui

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements