cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Rebel T6i - Black Images - CCD Sensor?

DeeDraV
Contributor

In a few hours of research I believe I have a CCD sensor problem and I am looking for advice. Camera is 4 years old and went from good pictures to blaack photos.  Shutter is working, removed battery, changed SD card, reverted back to factory settings and still black images.  If this is a sensor problem would you send in to fix? Fix yourself if you can find parts or get a new camera.  I'm bummed.  I have had to Canon and I love theem but first one lasted 7 years and now this one only 4 without a problem. Any feedback would be helpful!

15 REPLIES 15

deebatman316
Authority
Authority

Cameras use a CMOS sensor now. Does live view also cause the same black picture result. When in live view it uses the image sensor to show a live image. A faulty image sensor sensor will show up during live view too.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

yes, it shows black image in live view as well.

It sounds like a bad image sensor. Have you tried resetting the camera back to factory default including the custom functions.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Yes, tried that too.  Starting to research new cameras now 😞 Seems a 4 year old camera is now really old!  

Repair is NOT worth it for this camera. It would be best to upgrade to a new camera. The image sensor costs more than the camera itself. Do you have a budget to spend on a camera. If so what are your needs for a new camera.

-Demetrius

I am lazy and I really have have liked the ease of use of my previous Rebels. I take outdoor sports photos and lots of candid and portraits for good faamily and friends.  Recreational use and would like to spend less than $1000 for new base.

DSLR cameras are being replaced by mirrorless cameras. I recommend looking into the EOS R10. If you want to stick with a DSLR look into the Rebel T8i. EOS R Mirrorless cameras are the future.

-Demetrius

Thanks for your feedback - i apprecite the advice!

What lenses do you currently have right now. Please list the full name of the lens(es). 

-Demetrius

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements