EOS M50 jumping

doopcreative
Apprentice

I am a wedding videographer and i bought a eos M50 to shoot different angles, however when i look at the footage it jumps every so often, im not sure if its a focus issue or vibration from the floor but its like a tiny shake and it is annoying me, 

anyone know what this could be and how i can rectify it?

thanks in advance 

6 REPLIES 6

rs-eos
Elite

How long ago did you make the purchase? Reason I ask is that the M-series has been discontinued.

Can you share any footage? Or better describe what "jumps" means?  I can only guess that it may be due to how you injested the footage (please make note of what software you're using).  e.g. if you captured at 23.976 and set your editor to 24 fps, that could lead to issues.  Same for capturing in 29.97 and setting your editor to 30 fps.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Hey here is a clip, it's fine when filming the people further away but soon as the people come in closer it starts jumping, maybe a focus issue

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

If you are shooting from a tripod, which this appears to be, then disable IS in the lens.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

How close are the people in the foreground to the camera?  

What lens are you using, and what is the MFD specification?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

doopcreative
Apprentice

its a Canon Zoom lens EF 28-135mm 

the image stabliser was to the left which was an I and to switch it right is to an O is the O off or on lol

thank you for your help

Lee

for switches with "1" and "0" on it, "1" would be on and "0" would be off.

Yea, definitely turn off IS when using a tripod.  And thanks for the attached footage; does indeed look like IS was fighting itself.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers
Announcements