cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 80 blurry picture

georgiaright55
Contributor

I have a Canon EOS 80 and seems every other picture I take is blurry. I wander if it’s the lens that I have. Any suggestions to what is the best lens to use for up close pictures? I am trying to capture the subject clear and the background blurry 
thank u for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If it is the EF 135mm f2L then you would want to be using a low number f/stop to have minimum depth of field.

Depth of field is defined as how much of the image in front of and behind your subject will appear sharp.

Understanding Depth of Field - A Beginner's Guide (photographylife.com)

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome.

1. do you mean Canon 80D? What lenses do you currently have.?

2. what does "close" mean to you? Are you trying to take photos of flowers or insects, for example, or do you mean a portrait of someone sitting in a chair.

A better description of what you are trying to achieve will help us help you. Can you post an example of a blurry photo in One Drive or Dropbox so we can examine? Preferably a RAW file.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

georgiaright55
Contributor

Yes sorry the Canon 80D its a 135 mm lens that my sister gave me. I am taking pictures of my grandsugars and I try to make the background look like it blurred and they are clear. I have adobe photoshop lightroom that I do my photos in. I also so the raw so i can correct anything errors in the pictures, I am self thought for a while but I seem to be doing something wrong. I am lookin for a better lens for better quality of pictures.

If it is the EF 135mm f2L then you would want to be using a low number f/stop to have minimum depth of field.

Depth of field is defined as how much of the image in front of and behind your subject will appear sharp.

Understanding Depth of Field - A Beginner's Guide (photographylife.com)

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank you so much I appreciate this very much .. Wilma

Thank u 

Recommend you use Av mode (aperture priority).  That way you fully control the aperture.  If you have the EF 135mm f/2 lens, set it to f/2 or f/2.8.   The camera will then adjust shutter speed and ISO for you.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

O wow ok Thank u so much I appreciate it for the help in deed....

Wilma

georgiaright55
Contributor

Sometimes they are sitting down and the best ones i love to capture them while they are doing things they like. At times on the computer or on there phones etc

If they are moving and the images are blurry you need a higher (larger number) shutter speed.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements