cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSLR Trade-In program

jaspreet1996
Apprentice

Hi there,

I would like to trade-in my DSLR camera. Can someone please help me with the process? 

5 REPLIES 5

Hazel_T
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi jaspreet1996,

We do not have a trade in program through Canon. If your camera is not working we do have a Canon Upgrade Program to help you replace the camera. 

This program allows you to replace your current camera with a new or refurbished Canon camera for a discounted price and have it shipped via ground delivery. The cameras offered through this program carry a one year warranty. The original non-functioning camera would then be returned to Canon USA for recycling using a prepaid shipping label that would be provided. If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern time Monday through Saturday. Let them know you have been working with email technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered. Be sure to have your serial number for your camera at the time of your call.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

" If your camera is not working we do have a Canon Upgrade Program ..."

This is extremely generous. I know of no other company that offers such an amenity. smiley face.png

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Agree...Nikon only offers a trade in program so cameras don't end up in Landfills.  Canon's program does nothing to protect the environment.  That is extremely generous...not.

@Nighthawk2001 wrote:

Agree...Nikon only offers a trade in program so cameras don't end up in Landfills.  Canon's program does nothing to protect the environment.  That is extremely generous...not.

Welcome Nighthawk2001,

You're very first post here.  Canon is actually environmentally conscious and friendly.

Canon Environment & Sustainability Initiatives | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

shadowsports_0-1675267034313.png

We look forward to your continued contributions. 😉

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"...cameras don't end up in Landfills. Canon's program does nothing to protect the environment.  That is extremely generous...not."

As Rick pointed out its  best to know of what you speak before commenting. But I don't think digital cameras in our landfills is a major or overwhelming concern.

Batteries are and are going to be increasingly a huge concern.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements