cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon R6 Touchscreen Not Working

Tove1
Contributor

I cant use my lcd screen on my new R6. I try to touch it to change focus or settings, but it do not respond. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OK, definitely do the reset and see how you go.  If you deliberately already made changes you may inadvertently have locked something out.  Let's see how that goes and let me know.

If you consider one of the posts to have helped you to get things sorted, and don't want to keep getting posts, please select the appropriate post as a resolution.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

Why not give tech support a call on 1-800-OK-CANON, you have nothing to lose and they may be able to expedite a return for you if necessary.   Sorry I could not be more helpful, good luck!

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

• @Tove1 wrote:

I have this camera lock button on the left corner of my screen, but I am not able to unlock the lock button. And I cant find the setting to change it😔

I also have the R6, so just behind the shutter button and the main wheel, there is a physical "Lock" button. Just tap that and it will unlock your settings so they can be changed. But, on mine, the lock indicator is in the upper right of my rear LCD.

Newton

It is not the lock button:-))

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

@Tove1 wrote:

I cant use my lcd screen on my new R6. I try to touch it to change focus or settings, but it do not respond. 

Hello, Tove!

Have you tried toggling (pressing repeatedly) the info button? One of the options is a blank screen, so that may be where you are.

Newton

I have all the info on my screen, but it does not respond when I touch it😔

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Look at Wrench Menu 4.  I suspect you have the touch function checked.

shadowsports_0-1666492874394.png

Canon : Product Manual : EOS R6 : Multi-Function Lock (start.canon)

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Agreed with you there Rick.

cheers, TREVOR

I tried that, not solving the problem😔

Thank you:-))

You're most welcome! 🙂  The R6 is an awesome camera, I have two of them and never had a problem - which may not make you feel better, but may give you enough comfort to try another unit of the same type.

cheers, TREVOR

The R6 is the right camera for me. I used a lot of time researching online and talking to people working in Camera stores her in California regarding the camera, and the few test pictures I took convinced me. 

Sometime you just get the “Monday” item. Glad I did not sit on it for days trying to figure out what was wrong. 

Thanks to all who was helping me with suggestion, it was helpful.

:-))

click here to view the gallery
Announcements