cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon R6 Touchscreen Not Working

Tove1
Contributor

I cant use my lcd screen on my new R6. I try to touch it to change focus or settings, but it do not respond. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OK, definitely do the reset and see how you go.  If you deliberately already made changes you may inadvertently have locked something out.  Let's see how that goes and let me know.

If you consider one of the posts to have helped you to get things sorted, and don't want to keep getting posts, please select the appropriate post as a resolution.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Geetings,

Do we know what lens, SD Card and firmware he is runnng?  I know defects are possible, but they are typically few and far between.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I was using canon adapter, canon zoom lens EF 16-35. 1.4 L IS USM. ScanDisc Extreme PRO 170 MB/S

Not sure about the firmware since the camera is on its way back to the shop I bought it from:-))

Announcements