cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 5D Black Corners on Photos

JasonR
Contributor

I recently got a Canon 5D Mark 1 (Classic) and I am using the Canon EF 28:135 Lens that came with my Canon 40D. Using this lens I am getting black corners on all of my photos that I shoot. My Canon 50mm lens works perfectly as well as my EF 70:200 lens.

What's going on here? It is not an EF-S lens and it works perfectly on my 40D but not 5D.

10 REPLIES 10

Peter
Authority
Authority
1. Filter?
2. Wrong lens hood?
3. Sample?

Thanks for the reply, I will post some pics when I can. I do have a UV/protector on it as well as a Polorizing filter on it. The lens hood is a collapsible rubber hood and it was collapsed when taking the photos.

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

When you say black corners, are they truly black or just greatly reduced in brightness compared to the rest of the frame?  This lens does have significant vignetting which is far more obvious on a full frame body.

Is there a non-standard lens hood on it?

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

Thanks for the reply, the corners in my opinion are truly black but do soften some as you get closer to the center of the image. The lens hood is a collapsible rubber one that was collapsed when I took the photos.

@JasonR wrote:

Thanks for the reply, the corners in my opinion are truly black but do soften some as you get closer to the center of the image. The lens hood is a collapsible rubber one that was collapsed when I took the photos.

That lens hood is probably the problem.  As advised, stop using it.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

@JasonR wrote:

That lens hood is probably the problem.  As advised, stop using it.

Also stop the double filtering. If you're using a polarizer, you don't need a UV filter.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

@Waddizzle, are you suggesting there is something wrong with the lens?

@JasonR wrote:

@Waddizzle, are you suggesting there is something wrong with the lens?

"That lens hood is probably the problem.  As advised, stop using it."

Negative.  I am pointing the blame at the lens hood.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Peter
Authority
Authority
Remove all filters and the lens hood.
Announcements