cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Get EOS 1DX Firmware to Update

AmyLR
Apprentice

Happy New Year!  Tonight I tried to update the firmware on my 1DX from firmware 1.1.4 to the newest updated firmware. I know, it's been a while since I updated teh firmware.  I am positive that I followed teh correct steps & my battery was fully charged.  No matter which firmware version I try from the Canon site, it will say that it's starting the update, but comes back within a few seconds saying the update file could not be found on the CF card.  I am positive it's on the card at the root level.  I also reformatted the card in the camera before copying the firmware update file to the card, and I copied it to the root level of the card.

My camera works fine with the CF card, so I do not believe that it's the card. Any ideas?  TIA!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

There is no FW v1.14 for the original 1DX.

Maybe you have the 1DX mkII??? 

Support | DSLR | EOS-1D X Mark II | Canon USA

v1.1.8 is latest available 

the zip file should be extracted, and the .FIR file should be placed in the root on the card.  Name should not be changed.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

There is no FW v1.14 for the original 1DX.

Maybe you have the 1DX mkII??? 

Support | DSLR | EOS-1D X Mark II | Canon USA

v1.1.8 is latest available 

the zip file should be extracted, and the .FIR file should be placed in the root on the card.  Name should not be changed.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Rick,

THANK YOU!  I feel rather stupid for initially picking the wrong model of the 1DX for the firmware update.  After seeing your response, I double checked and you were right.  My 1DX Mark II is now at firmware version 1.1.8 🙂

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Glad to hear you got it updated.  Best wishes for the new year.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

closeup
Apprentice

how can i check shuter count on my 7d ii

closeup
Apprentice

how can i check shuter count on my 7d ii

how can i downlude the app for shuter count for my 7d ii in my windows 10

and also shoter count app for my canon 1dx and canon 5d iii

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th