cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Get EOS 1DX Firmware to Update

AmyLR
Apprentice

Happy New Year!  Tonight I tried to update the firmware on my 1DX from firmware 1.1.4 to the newest updated firmware. I know, it's been a while since I updated teh firmware.  I am positive that I followed teh correct steps & my battery was fully charged.  No matter which firmware version I try from the Canon site, it will say that it's starting the update, but comes back within a few seconds saying the update file could not be found on the CF card.  I am positive it's on the card at the root level.  I also reformatted the card in the camera before copying the firmware update file to the card, and I copied it to the root level of the card.

My camera works fine with the CF card, so I do not believe that it's the card. Any ideas?  TIA!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

There is no FW v1.14 for the original 1DX.

Maybe you have the 1DX mkII??? 

Support | DSLR | EOS-1D X Mark II | Canon USA

v1.1.8 is latest available 

the zip file should be extracted, and the .FIR file should be placed in the root on the card.  Name should not be changed.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

There is no FW v1.14 for the original 1DX.

Maybe you have the 1DX mkII??? 

Support | DSLR | EOS-1D X Mark II | Canon USA

v1.1.8 is latest available 

the zip file should be extracted, and the .FIR file should be placed in the root on the card.  Name should not be changed.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Rick,

THANK YOU!  I feel rather stupid for initially picking the wrong model of the 1DX for the firmware update.  After seeing your response, I double checked and you were right.  My 1DX Mark II is now at firmware version 1.1.8 🙂

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Glad to hear you got it updated.  Best wishes for the new year.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

closeup
Apprentice

how can i check shuter count on my 7d ii

closeup
Apprentice

how can i check shuter count on my 7d ii

how can i downlude the app for shuter count for my 7d ii in my windows 10

and also shoter count app for my canon 1dx and canon 5d iii

Announcements