cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black line on viewfinder

Abby2006
Apprentice

8D358B82-7FD2-41AE-B2EE-762B0FBAB313.jpeg

The line is on the viewfinder but not in the actual photos. It hasn’t been dropped it appeared after I deleted All the photos and started taking another one to set the camera up since I just Got it.  

6 REPLIES 6

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Is this a brand new camera, or one that is still within warranty?  My guess is that this is a hardware issue in the panel itself.   Call up Canon and schedule a repair.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Yes it’s a new camera we bought from Amazon. It worked fine until I deleted Photos and then I took Another picture and the black line appeared. But it’s not on the pictures once I download Them to my phone 

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Agree with Ricky: this looks like a hardware error fault in the LCD display. Definitely contact Canon (0-800-OK-CANON) to schedule a repair under warranty.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

If this camera is within your return window, exchange it for a replacement.  I do not feel you should be responsible to deal with getting a brand new camera repaired.

Amazon itself is an authorized Canon reseller. If you did not purchase this "ships from and sold by Amazon", it's unclear if what you purchased was new, gray market, etc. Defects do happen but I don't consider this to be a good start with a new device.

Reset the camera settings to default, reformat your memory card and retest. If the problem is not resolved, get yourself another camera.

Canon products are manufactured to very high standards.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

As advised, return to Amazon.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Danny

Hi, Abby2006!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon camera model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Announcements