cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

700D stereo audio imbalance

ming019
Apprentice

Hi there, I am currently using the EOS 700D

The video recording function used to work perfectly. But recently, I found that the audio recorded in video have some problem.

The left mic seems to record with a much weaker power, and the right one is much stronger.

That means the left channel have a lower volume than the right channel.

I have tried to reset to default setting, but no magic is done on it.

The audio is shown below.

Any clues? Thanks!Robot Sad

700D Stereo.png

4 REPLIES 4

Ray-uk
Whiz

Is this with an external mic, if so then you need to suspect that is causing the problem before blaming the camera, try another mic. If it is with the internal mic then there probably not much you can do about it other than seek a repair.

Either way it needs a proper workshop test to determine the amount of difference between the two channels, just setting the camera up in a normal room is not adequate due to the variation in sound reflections that each mic will recieve.

@Ray-uk wrote:

Is this with an external mic, if so then you need to suspect that is causing the problem before blaming the camera, try another mic. If it is with the internal mic then there probably not much you can do about it other than seek a repair.

Either way it needs a proper workshop test to determine the amount of difference between the two channels, just setting the camera up in a normal room is not adequate due to the variation in sound reflections that each mic will recieve.

Thank you for your reply.

Well, it is the internal mic. I have tried the camera with outdoor video taking, the same.

As the camera is already 6 years old, warrantly has expired of course and checking will need around 38USD(not include part fee).

So why don't I buy an external microphone with much better quality of audio, but just to fix the internal mic lol

And thus I seek for help here to see if anythinng I can do to make it works again.

Once again, thanks for your suggestion!

Spoiler
Cat Very Happy

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
You have yet to mention it but have you checked the manual volume settings? The internal mics on the front of cameras are not in s good spot for well balanced pickup, anyway.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Anonymous
Not applicable

It might be worth looking at the small holes on the camera body for the built-in mics to see if they are plugged with dirt.

Announcements