cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

600D/Mojave 10.14.5/EOS 2 not working - Macbook Air

nadav
Contributor

Hi everyone,

I have a Canon 600D I am trying to connect to my Macbook Air using the EOS Utility.  I have v2 (latest version - 2.14.31.12c) as it appears v3 does not support the 600D/T3i.  I have gotten in to work a few times.  But 90% of the time when I turn on EOS utility it just hands on the EOS V2 splash screen.  Then I get the spinning beachball and the application is not responding.

Please help me connect my camera to my laptop.  I really need to make this work. I don't have another conputer to connect it to. 

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Works OK with MacBook Air 2018 and latest Mojave and 700D/Rebel T5i.

EOS Utility 2 - EOS REBEL T5i 2019-07-04 12-39-08.jpg

Are you trying to control the camera or just download images?

If downloading, a card reader will be faster and less likely to result in issues. Or you can just use Image Capture.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for getting back to me.  I am trying to control the camera, so I can autofocus and change settings from in front of the camera.  Out of curiosity, how much available harddrive space do you have? Someone suggested I might be too low there.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
I have a lot of available HD space and max RAM, but I don’t know that EOSU is heavily demanding of either.

Can you connect to your camera via Image Capture?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hi John,

Thanks for getting back to me. Sorry for my lack of knowledge. What is Image Capture?

Hi.  Image capture is MacBook photo download app. If you can connect to it you are demonstarting that actual connection between camera and computer is OK.

It will be in your Applications folder.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank you for explaining. Yes!  I am able to connect to Image Capture. If I can connect, why is EOS Utility freezing like 70-80% of the time?

Screenshot 2019-07-05 14.28.56.png

I tried closing out of chrome, as well as all other apps, and clearing my system cache.  I figured maybe that would free up enough memory to get me over the hump.  EOS ran this time. I will see if it helps consistently.

See this:

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Software/EOS-Utility-2-High-CPU-usage/td-p/208079

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements