EF & RF Lenses
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 100-400mm mk i, Image Stabilizer not working at 24 fps

I'm using the canon 100-400mm mk i on a sony A7S wtih a metabones mk iv.  I noticed that the image stabilizer doesnt work when shooting video in 24fps. The stabilizer works for foto and video when the camera is set at any other frame rate.  Has anyon...

asandell by Apprentice
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Depth of field question

My 5D Mk3 seems to have a DoF which is biased from the focus point towards the camera. In other words the depth of field is not equal about the point of focus. It is particularly noticable on my Canon 85mm f1.8 lens when taking "close up" photos at a...

FWG by Contributor
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Mysterious index mark on focal length zoom ring?

I own 12 different EF and EF-S Zoom lenses. 5 of them have a mysterious index mark on focal length zoom ring as shown in the photos below.  The 24-105mm USM also has a little white dot. I circled the markings in Red. My 7 other Zoom lenses have no ma...

Clipboard01.jpg

I'd love some advice on which lens to buy...

Hi,Great to be here. I'm a novice and hobbyist shooting with a 77D. I currently just own a 50mm 1.4 lens. I'm looking to assemble my own kit, but I'm not sure which lens to purchase next. I know I'd love a versatile lens that can handle low-light sit...

Stan16 by Contributor
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! 50mm 1.8 stm lens not focusing

I just recently purchase a new 50mm 1.8 lens on eBay for my canon T3i, the kit lens that comes with my camera works perfectly fine but the 50mm refuses to connect with the camera so I can't focus on AF and MF, all I see is a zoomed in blue background...

Shalolo by Apprentice
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Impact of lens scratch

I have the opportunity to buy a Canon zoom lens at a good price, but it has a minor scratch. Seller says it has no impact on photos. Should I beware or purchase it? How could it impact the photos? Thanks!

Sandy_T by Contributor
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Dynamic Range in Canon 6D Vs Canon 6D Mark II ?

i am Using Canon 6D for Urban landscape Photography  Thanks alot for the responses in this Canon Comunity earlier 1 year when i got the encorgment to buy the 6D instead of the 5D Mark III as 6D considered better in low light conditions ( as i am usua...

Janabi79 by Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Wanting more zoom...

I have an EF 70-200 f/2.8L lens that will be on a 5D Mark IV body. I realize the I can use this lens with either of the Extenders, the version II if I remember correctly. Have read that this will choke back the Aperture some. One of the things I will...

Portrait Lens Option - 50 f1.2 or 24-70 f2.8

I have a 6D that I am using for portraits of models.  It came with the 24-105 lens but not being satisfied with the max f stop size I purchased the 70-200 f2.8 and while it is a great lens for this, I often find I am shooting at the lower end of the ...

HELP! My lens is “jumping”

I have a 100mm macro canon l lens. It has always worked beautifully, however this afternoon it is jumping. When I turn the camera on, it does nothing but jump. I’ve attached and reattached it too. Other lens are not bahving like this one and appear t...

djorae by Apprentice
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

New lens???

Hi, could anyone tell me how to tell if a lens is a UK product or otherwise? I just bought a Canon 18-135mm lens off the internet from a well known company. It was listed as new, in retail box with warranty card and manual. When it arrived, I found n...

Canon Lens.jpg
John22 by Apprentice
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
Getting started

New to the community? Here's some information to help you get acquainted:

Announcements