EF & RF Lenses
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find old repair parts?

Hello,I have a Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L IS USM (version 1) lens, which I accidentally dropped and now the front ring assembly is bent. Canon discontinued this lens in 2015, so they don't make the parts anymore. I've looked for it everywhere (web, came...

Resolved! Question on film cameras

Hi canon community, I'm very new to cameras and photography in general and was looking into getting a canon film camera but I was wandering if I will be able to use modern lenses (specifically a 12mm/10mm fisheye) have there been any significant thre...

Every time I....

... bring up the 85mm L f1.2 II lens on my laptop screen, I find myself reaching for my credit card!  I'm going to be doing lots of portraiture of an intensely breathtaking woman this coming year, and I'm thinking I can't do it without this lens. Do ...

TheRogue by Enthusiast
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Canon 100-400 L II Manual Focus Disable.

Can the manual focus be disabled in AF mode as with Canon Electronic Manual Focus on some other EF Lenses?It shows up in the AF Menu of my 7D2, but selecting "Disable MF in AF mode" appears to have no effect.

bento2 by Enthusiast
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

EFS 17-55 sticking f-stop

I love this lens, but I recently started getting error 99 messages when trying to use it.After playing around with it, I discovered that the f-stop sticks at any zoom and spits out the error message...but it works fine when shooting at 17mm (no zoom)...

Turbotom by Apprentice
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Rebel T6 lenses

Not sure if this part is relevant, but I'm getting Rebel T6 with 18-55mm lenses, I've been told to also get the 50mm f/1.8 lenses, so my question is: wouldn't the 18-55 be the same since it already has the 50mm in it? I apologize if this is a stupid ...

Sjl755 by Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

50mm f1.4

I'm just switching to full frame. Unfortunately the 1.2 isn't in my budget right now. Is the 50mm f1.4 worth the investment if I have the 1.8? Eventually I'll save up to upgrade to the 1.2.

Nicole85 by Apprentice
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

lens compatibility

We have and EOS 30D, EFS 17-85mm. Will the lens EF 75-300mm for the EOS 7D and 60D wk w/ours?

KgB by Apprentice
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Lens Suitability Confirmation please ?

Hi Newbie here so please be gentle... I have an old EOS 500 Film camera... together with two lenses ...  1. An EF 28-80mm II and 2. An EF 75-300mm II I am looking at a step into Digital SLR - only for my own pleasure ... and am looking at an EOS 1300...

kp220 by Apprentice
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! AF Point Sensitivity with Narrow Aperture Lenses

I guess that I've been thinking too much again. I've run up against one of those, "Now how is that supposed to work," issues.  Except for the high end models, most of Canon's DSLRs cannot focus at f/8.  The cameras seem to top out at f/5.6.  But, som...

EOS slr film camer lens comaptibility

Hi, I recently bought a Canon EOS 600 slr (film) ebay for my son, who’s interested in trying old style, chemical photography. I need to get a basic lens (a 28-80mm or 35 - 70mm) cheaply.  I guess I can get one on ebay, but can anyone tell me about co...

Getting started

New to the community? Here's some information to help you get acquainted:

Announcements