EF & RF Lenses
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved! EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM: Manual Focus override

In AF mode, the manual focus override is not working. Every review of this lens that I have read states that this lens should have instant manual focus override when is AF mode. Turning the manual focus ring in AF mode does nothing even when the shut...

Scaup by Apprentice
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Beginner Lense upgrade options

Hello, I have the Canon dslr Rebel T5. Right now it just has the stock lense on it, but i would like to get something a bit better. I dont know much about lenses or the camera itself but i'm curious about recommendations. I really enjoy taking macro ...

Resolved! Turn lens IS off when shooting at high frames per second?

If I am shooting my EOS 7D2 at 10 fps in AI Servo, using (for example) Single Point Expansion and AF Case 6, with Tv at 1/1250th,  should I turn off the IS feature on my 300mm f/4L IS lens?  Why or why not? If the camera is tracking a subject and sho...

18-55mm Lens don't autofocus between 20-40mm

Good afternoon, I have a Canon 18-55mm Lens and it just started to fail the autofocus system between +/- 20 to 40mm... It doesn't make any sound (it even try to focus, don't move), simply show the 9 focus point blinking in red! If I put it at minimum...

Zoom Lens Above the usual

I'm a casual/weekend photographer and have a Canon T3 Rebel camera.  I currently own the following lenses:  1)  Canon EF 80-200  1:4.5-5.6 II2)  Canon EF 75-300  1:4-5.6 III3)  Canon EFS 18-55  1:3.5-5.6 IS II4)  Canon EF 35-80  1:4-5.6 III I enjoy t...

Canon 100-400 II Focus Ring Question

Just wondering if any owners of this particular lens notice a little bit of play / looseness of the focus ring.By that I mean are you able to move the ring up and down, side to side a little bit not while actually turning the ring for manual focusing...

Lens Focus Question

HelloI'm new to this forum and have a question about an issue that I have time to time with my camera and lens I use for bird in flight photography.Bird in flight photography is a new hobby for me since the Spring of this year and I use the Canon 100...

Resolved! mold or mildew in lens

I own a Canon 400mm fixed lens, which has developed some mold or mildew.   It is not obvious when lookingat images (perhaps it would be if magnified sufficiently), but it is bothersome.   Is there any way to fix or cleanthis without sending it back t...

mitchmcc by Enthusiast
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

24-105 Mark II vs 24-70 F2.8L Mark I?

Hello Canon Forum People here my post to ask an opinion about something that hasn't been mentioned in any review, forum or discussion.  I am a happy owner of a 24-70 F2.8 (mark I) since many years. has been a gr8 companion in combination with the 70-...

marco79 by Apprentice
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Best EF L lense as workhorse for 80d

Hi,I'm a filmmaker wanting to do this full-time, weddings, commercial, travel films, content creation etc.I currently own a 80d, and will most probably upgrade to full frame in a year or two. But before that I want to invest in a dynamic high end len...

Resolved! Lenses

What is the difference between EF and EF-S lenses if both have the same specs. 

yaa124 by Apprentice
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

70-200 f/2.8L II + 5DSR AF consistency problem

Folks, need an advice...My 70-200 isn't focusing consistently @ 200mm (I mostly shoot at this focal length, don't care much about the wide end). Tried several times to AFMA with FoCal - the software returns "poor fit" because the results are so incon...

docusync by Enthusiast
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! EF-S 15-18mm Focusing Ring not working on Manual Mode

Hi, I just acquired my unit and sadly, I bumped the front of the 18-55mm lens to my desk.. It's not that hard so I didn't mind it much but when I tested to use my camera which is Canon 800d the manual focus wasn't working anymore... I tried steering ...

Bad Coma? Or Focus issue?

Hello all/ anybody who can help! I'm having a problem with my 70-200 F2.8L IS II. I've rented and used many copies of this lens over the years and have never had an issue with it. Granted, the people over at Lens Rentals always tests and recalibrates...

Bad Coma Issues.
Chip_Orm by Contributor
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes
Getting started

New to the community? Here's some information to help you get acquainted:

Announcements