cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

70D with Sigma lens?

Badknee003
Contributor

To the person with the 70D canon and the Sigma150 600 lens. How did it go with that?

8 REPLIES 8

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

What is your question? I had a Sigma on my T6S (until it was stolen) then I got the Tamron.

But the sigma worked fine.

My son is playing baseball and the field is a bit big. My regular kit lens is good but cant ccx really take good pics if he is in the outfield. Even when he makes it to second,  it's far. A purchase if this lens would help to be able to take these long shots. So, I'm asking if thexm lens worked well with the 70D.

Sorry it got stolen. Canon is a nice camera. 

If you had the Sigma lens, did you also purchase the usb dock? If so, what is its purpose?

Mine was pre-dock. But the dock is worthwhile for firmware updates and focus fine-tuning. That lens should work fine with your 70D for baseball. If you have doubts, you can rent one from LensRentals and even purchase the sample you rent.

Thanks,  it relieves some thoughts on the purchase 

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"How did it go with that?"

It will work fine. Keep in mind these are big lenses. If you need a big lens these 150-600mm super zooms are the best bang for the buck there is.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

FWIW, I got the Sigma 150-600 lens for my T7 and have had good luck with it. Planning on giving it a workout next week since the weather will be good.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"... did you also purchase the usb dock? If so, what is its purpose?"

For the average person the USB dock will not be necessary or used very sparingly. It is fairly inexpensive so I still suggest you buy it. There may be or may not be any FW update you want. Keep in mind all FW updates are not needed and or not beneficial. The dock also allows you to change auto focus settings but the factory default is pretty good most of the time and perhaps all of the time for you. Here again it is a, why not, question.

I bought one but I have several Sigma lenses that can use it. But if you need it, you need it.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements