cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Micro Adjust EF Lenses to EOS R6 Mark II

SRubyor
Contributor

I just recently switched from 6D to an R6 Mark II. I am still using my EF lenses with an adapter on the R6. Is there a way to micro adjust the lenses to the camera? 

20 REPLIES 20

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

Micro adjust is used to adjust the lens for any disparity between the AF sensor and image sensor in a DSLR.  Because focusing is driven by the image sensor in a mirrorless camera (the only sensor in mirrorless architecture), there is no need/reason for micro focus calibration.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

Good to know and thank you! 

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

This seems to be an XY problem. You need to tell us the issue that is having you seek micro adjustment. Are you having focus issues?

I haven’t had too many but I know my lenses needed to be adjusted with my 6D and I thought I’d need to do that again. I’m still learning the mechanics of the R6. 

Peter
Authority
Authority

With mirrorless cameras you will, if you have a focus problem, need to send camera and lens to Canon.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"I know my lenses needed to be adjusted with my 6D ..."

Its hard to swallow sometimes but focus misses is almost always caused by the user and not the gear. Ironically the cameras that could benefit from MFA did not have that feature. The ones that do have it, need it the least. You need to always remember focus adjustment simply moves the critical focus point forward or backward slightly. It does not make a lens any sharper. It can't it is physically impossible.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

User error is a STRONG possibilty LOL. Thanks for the input. 

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"User error is a STRONG possibilty LOL."

Been there, done that. 😁

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

HAHA Yep. I am still learning the new focusing system compared to my 6D. It's a bit of a change.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements