cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual focus on AFS setting not working on my R6ii (ok on the 750d)

Steve_mt
Apprentice

I have a Canon 750D equipped with a EPS 28-135mm lens (and sigma macro) and now I updated to a Canon R6 Mkii using this EFS lens through an adapter and also bought a Canon Macro R100 mm. In the 750D, when the setting on the lens is auto focus (AFS), I could press halfway the shutter and adjust/fine tune the focus with the ring. This was useful to me. If I remember I could even employ the digital magnification

In the R6ii, this function is not working at all, with either lenses (EFS and Macro). When shutter is half down, the ring has no effect. (It works only when manual focus is selected). I hope that this can be resolved by some setting in the camera. I shoot in M mode.

Thank you

1 REPLY 1

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum!

I need some clarification on your description of the issues you are experiencing. I am uncertain if you have typos or spelling errors. 

I need the full model number of your lenses.  Canon released multiple versions of many lenses, which can behave differently from one version to the next.

Are you using EF-S 18-135mm?  If so, what is  the full model number on the front of the lens?  Thanks.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements