cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First SLR, is there a preferred lens cleaning solution.

Charentejohn
Enthusiast

Complete (if old) beginner and still awaiting SD card to make a start, so that new.
Camera is a used 1000D in excellent condition and will be my learning camera, may well be all I need we will see.

So I will need to clean the lens at some point, I found a kit with spray bottle (empty) and the usual bits.

Question is what fluid should I put in the empty bottle, or should I just buy a full one known maker.  
Either way are there solutions to avoid or others that are regularly used ?  Just don't want my first act to be to mess up the lens.  Any help appreciated, I just want to have something to hand in case I need it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The cloths should last a while.  As to if they can be washed, that would depend upon the manufacturer.

Regarding cleaning of the sensor, I would only want Canon to handle that.  Others here may provide advice on if attempting to do it yourself.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

Charentejohn
Enthusiast

I said sorry to the community, best I can do.
No idea where that bit is I just looked at About our Community and just saw a few posts.  Looking close I now see the bit on the right that says 'getting started' so can have a proper read.  I see it now in the middle of Community Guidelines.
I would have just not risked it if I had seen it but such is life.  I know, and it is pretty clear to me now I have found it. Thanks for clarifying.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

No biggie lots of folks miss it. The mods are all over it. The forum is a great place so don't give it a second thought.

Most of us here are here just to help Canon owners, new and old.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
click here to view the gallery
Announcements