cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EF 100-400 IS damaged screw head

gustavohn
Apprentice

I recently left my Canon EF 100-400mm IS lens to the only authorized service center in the UAE, for cleaning and fungus removal. However, upon collecting the lens, I noticed that the front element remained dirty, with visible fungus spots still present.

The shop informed me that the fungus issue was located between the lens elements and could not be removed. Additionally, while considering replacing the front element, I discovered that one of the screws had its head completely stripped, which made it impossible to remove or replace the front element.

The screw used in the lens assembly is highly specific, and despite my efforts, I have been unable to find a replacement in the market. Unfortunately, the serivice center has also not been able to provide a positive solution or replacement for the damaged screw.

I have attached photos of the stripped screw for your reference. Have you ever sourced the same type of screw? I hope Canon could support us with it.Stripped headStripped head100-400 screw100-400 screw

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements