cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First SLR, is there a preferred lens cleaning solution.

Charentejohn
Enthusiast

Complete (if old) beginner and still awaiting SD card to make a start, so that new.
Camera is a used 1000D in excellent condition and will be my learning camera, may well be all I need we will see.

So I will need to clean the lens at some point, I found a kit with spray bottle (empty) and the usual bits.

Question is what fluid should I put in the empty bottle, or should I just buy a full one known maker.  
Either way are there solutions to avoid or others that are regularly used ?  Just don't want my first act to be to mess up the lens.  Any help appreciated, I just want to have something to hand in case I need it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The cloths should last a while.  As to if they can be washed, that would depend upon the manufacturer.

Regarding cleaning of the sensor, I would only want Canon to handle that.  Others here may provide advice on if attempting to do it yourself.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

Charentejohn
Enthusiast

I said sorry to the community, best I can do.
No idea where that bit is I just looked at About our Community and just saw a few posts.  Looking close I now see the bit on the right that says 'getting started' so can have a proper read.  I see it now in the middle of Community Guidelines.
I would have just not risked it if I had seen it but such is life.  I know, and it is pretty clear to me now I have found it. Thanks for clarifying.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

No biggie lots of folks miss it. The mods are all over it. The forum is a great place so don't give it a second thought.

Most of us here are here just to help Canon owners, new and old.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements