cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my PIXMA MX310 has started to print in only the top left quarter of the page. help

wendolynsworld
Apprentice

My pixma MX310 printer has started to print the whole document in the upper left quarter of the page and i can't figure out what setting may need to be changed. in the print preview it shows the full page ready to print. i'm frustrated

16 REPLIES 16

GordonMcElroy
Apprentice

Pixma MX922 now only prints a 1/4 size version of the letter-size page in the upper left-hand corner of the paper.

If I print from Chrome, the same thing happens.

I have deleted all printers from my MacBook Pro 2X and the problem persists.

If I print the same letter size on my Brother HL2270DW laser, everything prints perfectly.

The paper size is correct and the Canon printer is my default printer.

I love the results this printer used to deliver. Now I am not inclined to replace it with a newer Canon.

Any assistance is appreciated!

Gordon

whealan
Apprentice

My MX535 has just started to do the same, after changing the scale from custom 200% back to default. It still prints correctly however if I do it using Print Through System Dialogue. All settings are default and the page size is correct at A4

Having the exact same issue - MX490 - Using a macbook pro mac os Catalina. Tried reinstall, reboot, changing paper sizes. Please help

Hello,

I recommend you contact Canon support at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST excluding holidays.

You will need to have a Canon account when you call. If you have not created account, please click HERE:

Thank you.

After battling with Safari instead of Chrome, which made the printer work but was desperately slow overall, I decided to delete Chrome entirely and reinstall it but to no avail. I therefore also reloaded the USB printer driiver (not IJ) on top of the existing one (it said this driver already exists do you want to download it again - yes) and this did the trick. I am now leaving well alone.

rjordan
Apprentice

Hi,

I have the same issue and found a workaround. When you open the print dialog box, go to more settings and scroll to the bottom and select  "open pdf in preview". It will open your document in the Preview application on your mac ad you can print a full page from there.

print dialog box > more settings > Open PDF in Preview > print document from Preview app on mac. Good Luck!

akchilders
Apprentice

2020 iMac Desktop started printing in top left corner several months ago.

Now have new 2023 MacBook Pro, just installed the driver today for my Canon Pixma. Worked fine for about 100 pages and now is printing again in the upper corner. 

MacOS Ventura 13.5.2

PLEASE HELP!!

Announcements